Monday, May 26, 2008

My Darling Lila - Dec 21 ,1994 - May 26, 2008

Now the journey of this life has reached its end
And since I cannot go with you
As you leave this world we have shared
You must go forward now, for a time, alone.
I send this prayer to the Creator who brought you to me
To teach, strengthen, love and comfort my human soul
I ask that you be guided on your journey now
through what will lie ahead.

My there be no fear for you Angel Heart
May you feel my love with you always
May you feel my gratitude and love as a cloak around you to keep you warm,
As you live in the mansion of my heart forever

O Creator, O Giver of LIfe and Bringer-In of Death
Protect my darling as she sinks into the deep and primordial sleep
As she approaches the Diamond Light of Heaven
Be a refuge to my darling, my beloved.
Keep her safe from all fear.
Protect her, defend her
Seize her within the endless ocean of your compassion,
Let her rest there in perfection,
And if it is in the best interest of all
If I am worthy and the circumstances allow,
Let her come to me in this life again
That I may know her, love her, and walk a while in joy
once again.


With deepest love
Mom

5 comments:

grandmato4 said...

Cat,

My deepest sympathies to you and your loved ones. Surround yourself with those that love you and celebrate Lila's life and the joy you brought each other.

Thank you for this journey, a few laughs, a million tears, and a beautiful insight into how much you love and respect all the animals that are and have been a part of your life.

Hugs,
Sue

Ellyn said...

You have left a beautiful and lasting memory for a very special canine, thankyou for sharing with us part of your caring soul.
Much love,
ellyn

aedria said...

My deepest sympathies. May peace and love surround you.

-aedria

Lloyd said...

"Quit the Night and seek the Day." And so her transformation continues. Our sympathies to you and Alex and to the other souls of your home. It is a sad thing...she was a kind soul.

Cat said...

I wish to say to everyone hwo posted and read this blog, how much the words of support and concern meant to me, and through me, to Dan and Lila. She was indeed a "kind soul" - unless you're a duck -but also brave, sweet, subtle, funny, clever and utterly devoted to me. My heart just aches every second, her absence is the defining characteristic of every moment. I cannot believe thirteen years has come and gone so incredibly quickly - and yet there were so many days, like after Luke died, I thought would never end.
Where does the time go??

Now, it is just time to collect her legacy of love and wisdom, strength and spirit, and carry her forward in my heart and work.
Say a prayer for young Daniel, please. He is such a young spirit,this has been such a tough month, and he's deeply confused.

The whole house echoes with her absence.
C