Sunday, May 18, 2008

Angel from Heaven
You came to me at the bleakest time I had then experienced
You came on a Full Moon of Scorpio with your face full of stars
and you saved me.
Angel from Heaven
you showed me where I needed to heal, how much I could love, and what a world of learning there was for me to gain.
You showed me laughter, sweetness, innocence and the holiness of the Little Way.
Before you I could have been any other human adrift in a sea of unawareness, of ego, believing I knew it all and could be God without ever even being truly good. And even since you have been here I am lost and flailing, torn between so many complexities and veering away from the course all the time. Thank God/dess I have you to bring me back every time.

And all these Moon and Sun tides you walked with me, laughed with me, held me in your noble heart and open gaze when I was pained, lost and tired. All these years you never wavered and you kept me strong.
All these years you have been my life- like earth, air, fire and water. All these years the Spirit in you kept the Spirit in me strong.
You showed me where Soul lives, how love burns through the dross of human failing, how strong I could be and how far I could go.
Angel from Heaven
I am deep in pain for your passing now. I am lost and afraid and I want you to stay. But if this is now the time we all must face, I will carry this pain forward along with the joy, the love and the meaning you have brought to my life.
Angel from Heaven. go with all my love, deeper than the deepest ocean, wider than the sky - go to the Clear Light of the Heaven you came from and know that I am grateful every day for you .
Know above all that nothing is ever lost or forgotten.

Lila, you're my angel, you're my darling.Now and forever. I love you.
I love you.
I love you.

3 comments:

Susan said...

My heart and thoughts are with you.

Susan

Ellyn said...

Excerpt from:
TO BLESS THE SPACE BETWEEN US
"On the death of the Beloved"

by John O’Donohue

Though we need to weep your loss,
You dwell in that safe place in our hearts,
Where no storm or night or pain can reach you.

Your love was like the dawn
Brightening over our lives
Awakening beneath the dark
A further adventure of colour.

The sound of your voice
Found for us
A new music
That brightened everything.

Whatever you enfolded in your gaze
Quickened in the joy of its being;
You placed smiles like flowers
On the altar of the heart.
Your mind always sparkled
With wonder at things.

Though your days here were brief,
Your spirit was live, awake, complete.

We look towards each other no longer
From the old distance of our names;
Now you dwell inside the rhythm of breath,
As close to us as we are to ourselves.

Though we cannot see you with outward eyes,
We know our soul’s gaze is upon your face,
Smiling back at us from within everything
To which we bring our best refinement.

Let us not look for you only in memory,
Where we would grow lonely without you.
You would want us to find you in presence,
Beside us when beauty brightens,
When kindness glows
And music echoes eternal tones.

When orchids brighten the earth,
Darkest winter has turned to spring;
May this dark grief flower with hope
In every heart that loves you.

May you continue to inspire us:

To enter each day with a generous heart.
To serve the call of courage and love
Until we see your beautiful face again
In that land where there is no more separation,
Where all tears will be wiped from our mind,
And where we will never lose you again.

Submittede by Ellyn

Holly said...

Cat...

Sending you strength to hold you up during this difficult time.

Farewell dear Lila. May your ever present spirit bring comfort to your mom...until you meet again.

Hugs.

Holly and Parker